Tuesday, September 06, 2005

NASDAQ: SHRP




New York ,NY-- Nothing pisses me off more than a really stupid commericals. For those that do not live in the USA, our television is spiked with commericals, touting the benifits of buying really dumb, useless and overpriced crap. I was watching Spongebob and Patrick get into their usual adventures one afternoon, when Sharper Image Inc. came on the television with a three or four minuite advertisement. It was an ad explaining the advantages of buying the "Ionic Breeze" for my home or auto. This is where they lost me. Jgonzz, our editor, earns enough money from the Zamboni business (also comic book sales on Ebay) to purchase pretty much what he wants, including the new GI Joe with the kung Fu grip. I do not, however, own an Ionic breeze. And I haven't figured out why I would need one. These things cost about $500! Do you know how many Asisn hookers that buys?!

I have never heard of an 'air cleaner' for a car. I would think that opening the window or moonroof would do the trick.

I would never buy an 'ionic breeze'. First of all I know what an Ion is. Its similar to a Neutrino. A million could cruise right through your forehead and you'd never know it. So why is this thing called an 'Ionic Breeze"? Somebody thought the name sounded cool. Other suggestions.."Staten Island Breeze, Sweaty Turkish Armpit Breeze, Uranus Breeze, Iron Pyrate Breeze, garbage disposal goo breeze", you get the idea.

An Ionic Breeze for the car? Is this more efficent than opening a window? I doubt it. It sounds like old fashioned snake oil to me. I think Sharper Image is going to crash, right into the ground. And they wish to sell as many of these 'ionic' things as possible.

A lesson in Ions...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ion

And If you wish to purchase one of these dumb things...

http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/productview/sku=SI861SNX/hppos=1

No comments: