Sunday, August 14, 2005

Keynes couldn't do better..





Hermosa Beach,CA-- A 12 year old kid, Goeffery Little, found a wallet in a parking garage at LAX airport. It contained $19,900 in hundred dollar bills. Geoffery and his mother returned the wallet and its contents to the local police. The owner of the wallet, John Post, lost it on his way to Las Vegas. Geoffery recieved a 'certificate' and a few police T-shirts. We at the WSPO would argue that society and the nation, following the line of Macro-economic theory, would have been better served not by Geoffery returning the money, but by sending the money to Jgonzz so that he could enjoy a well deserved low stress weekend and help the American economy. I would insist that Geoffery keep the wallet-a well preserved velcro piece, complete with "Bad Mother Fucker" logo. The economic activity stirred up as a direct result of spending $19,900 would be a welcome contribution to the great state of Nevada. Not to mention that I would fly on AirTran Airways (AAI), based out of Orlando, FL. So the economic benefit isn't concentrated in one area, but nationwide! I hear good things about the Bellagio, so I'd have to stay there. (Mandalay Bay was nice last time, but let's see what else is out here.) I would visit a few bars, just to checkout the scene and get a few drinks in me, before hitting the tables. I wish that I was a better card player, but I suck. Old liver spotted blue haired grandmothers shake their heads in disbelief at my weak level of play. But Hey! That's why Las Vegas has strip clubs! So...a few would have to be visited. And I'm a good tipper, again adding to the local economy. And the hooker I hire would enjoy financial remuneration of at least $600, for two hours, not including the tip, greek surcharge, ointment fee and etc. Hey, I know how expensive "Back to School" can be; Mead folder(s), a new lock for her locker, cheerleading supplies, it all adds up fast. My spending, tipping and losses at the tables effect multiple parts of Nevada's and the US's economy, such as the Money Multiplier, Money supply (in our case M0), and Money Velocity (number of times per year that money changes hands).

P (the price level) (X) Y (real output) (=) M (money stock) (X) V (velocity)

John Post is obviously a loser, drug addict and/or a drunkard, because he lost his wallet-a bulging wallet and didn't know he had lost it, until Geoffery's mom called his cell phone. Would Uncle Sam and the Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce wan't to place so much hope of stimulating their economy on the shoulders of such a 'man'? And all Geoffery did was have a few shirts printed up. What kind of economic activity is that?!

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-hermosa12aug12,0,7983886.story?collection=la-yahoostorylinks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WTF?...
Cont...
Tom Cruse if I read it am I. I can stand his girlfriend/wife/Lolita.)