Saturday, August 13, 2005

New Opening




New York,NY-- Rabbi Warehouse is celebrating a grand opening of its fourth store in the Tri-state area. "It wasn't easy in the beginning, five years ago." recalls Herman Rosen, founder and owner of Rabbi Warehouse. "I had a whole backroom filled with Kittels, Challah Covers, Dreidels, Tallits and the like. My wife was calling me a 'putz'. It wasn't good. One afternoon, lunchtime, while I was eating my bacon cheeseburger, it came to me, an idea! Everybody in my neighborhood had a dog, sometimes more than one. So with this thought we designed a Shalom costume for dogs. Hanukkah was only a month away so we had to work fast. We made up about 5000 outfits, and sold them out." The following year a similar outfit was made for cats. It was a failure. Cats don't really have shoulders and they hate being dressed. "We should have known the cat product wouldn't work. We have a cat in our home and it acts like a 'naggy little bitch'. The kids like it, so what can I do?" To celebrate the fourth location's opening, Rabbi Warehouse is having extra discounts on many of the most popular items. "We have good deals on alot of beautiful items; nice velvet kipas, talit clips, mezuzahs, jars of Rosh Hashanah honey and much more." Also with every purchase shoppers will recieve a small gift, Zymol shofar wax.

No comments: